I just wanted to let everyone know that I have another doctor's appointment on the 21st of this month. Just a normal monthly checkup. Things are going great. I feel pregnant whether I look like it or not. I'm not showing to the public eye yet but I sure can tell. My clothes are a little tighter but I still haven't quite outgrown them yet. I will be 18 weeks along on Saturday. I haven't felt the baby move yet but it should happen any day now. We go in on the 29th for our 20 week ultrasound to find out what we are having:) We are so excited!! Madison still isn't quite understanding that there is a baby in mama's tummy but we're working on it. We'll be sure to update everyone as soon as we know what we are having. I'll post ultrasound pictures and some belly shots after the ultrasound.
I'm in the process of potty-training Madison. I wish I could say it's going wonderfully but I think more than anything it's me that's slowing the process down. I don't know why it's such a big deal for me, but I am terrified of it! Madison is showing all the signs that she is ready. She can point out the potty and even says "potty" and she can go through all the motions. She can pull her pants up and down and she lets us know when she is wet or pooie:) She goes with me and knows to put the lid up and down and how to flush. We even bought her a little potty and she wears training pants. I've been trying to get her to sit on it but that's about as far as we get. She's fine sitting on it with her pants on and the lid down but as soon as you try to pull her pants down and put her on it she locks those knees and starts crying. So, we're at a standstill I feel defeated and she's terrified. If anyone has any advice feel free to pass it along. We could use it, I'll keep you in the loop on our progress:)
Other than potty training and the baby there is really not a whole lot going on now. We're enjoying the relaxation to be honest with you. The holidays are over all the decorations are put away and the new year is now here. Brandon is still loving his job. He's actually in Utah as I'm writing this checking on some projects. He will be back tomorrow evening. I hate it when he has to leave but we're so thankful for his job and the opportunity that it gives me to stay home with Madison and soon the new baby. We're having some cold weather and snow right now as well. It's been snowing since this morning and the wind is whipping. Madison and I went grocery shopping this morning and I thought we were going to freeze up and blow away, my goodness that was a feat. It's like a winter wonderland out there! We love the snow though, the cold is a bit much sometimes but if we're going to ask for snow we kind of have to expect it's also going to be cold:) Well, Madison is ready for her nap and I'm thinking I might take one as well. Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment