Wednesday, April 6, 2011

okay, so not the whole story...

...so, when I was reading over my post about installing the disposal I noticed how silly it made us sound. i really should have explained a little better what we were doing and it would make sense why it was so frustrating. first of all the disposal itself was pretty simple. it was a take on of and put the new one on process. so the lowes' guy was correct in that matter (sorry lowes guy). the thing that we did that was a bit more difficult (that i failed to mention) was rearrange the plumbing. when the guy from lowes came to install the dishwasher in february, he mentioned that we needed to replace the disposal because it was corroded and that we needed to switch the plumbing around for some reason i still don't understand. anyway... even switching the plumbing wasn't hard. what happened is that when we went to take out one of the existing drains (which we chose to do because it was old and ugly) it would not come off. we tried and tried with pliers, then when that did not work we made our second trip to lowes to get the specific tool designed to do just what we needed. well of course that didn't work either. that drain was STUCK. so we made our third trip to lowes and brandon bought a saw. then we just sawed the dang thing off and all is well. i know none of you probably care but that's the story and i'm sticking to it! whew... now i can sleep at night :)

blog sig

1 comment:

Jo said...

I had to laugh reading some off your posts...we are more similiar than I ever realized! I am a total clean freak, which means I love magic erasers too. Seriously mom's best friend! I also thought it was funny... our little ones are in the same percentiles for growth. Loved the pics...congrats on getting back to pre- preggo weight...I can't wait to get back there myself! :)