Monday, May 24, 2010

Shower, Projects and Potty Training...

This past Saturday some of my girlfriends from church threw me a baby shower!! It was SO wonderful and there was such a good turnout. I really enjoyed visiting with everyone and having some time to myself as well. Brandon kept Madison while I was at the shower and it was fabulous!! Thanks so much girls!!


Hilary and Meagan


Jenny, Deborah and Mrs. Jean


Adrianne and Tiffany

Natalie, Gabby Ryann (in the back chair) and Amy



After the shower a good friend of mine, Gabby came over and helped me make some pillows for the house. I've been dying to either get new ones for the couch and bench or make some. But since they are so expensive and I didn't know how to make any Gabby graciously taught me how and we had so much fun, it was amazing!! I can't believe I can make a pillow now, and they turned out so good. The best part was I spent a whopping $12 on the fabric for 6 pillows!! I LOVE Hobby Lobby! I'm a happy girl. It's amazing how much the little things make a difference, thanks Gabby, you're the best!!!

My plant in the corner was on the shelf above but after having it for a year now (yes, I cannot believe all three of the plants are a year old, I didn't kill them YAY!) it's too tall so I pulled out this little table and put it in the corner which I love way more. The bench is refreshed with new cushion and pillows I made. Eventually it will get sanded and stained but probably not for a while.



PiLLoWs!!

Potty training... it's going... I'm trying to be optimistic about the whole thing but it can be draining. It took a good week I think but she's catching on and starting to be a little bit more involved in the whole process. I did just have the training potty that sat on the floor for her and she got bored of that very quickly. So, when we were at a friends house one day they had a special seat for the big potty and a stool in front of it. Boy did Madison take to that. So as soon as we left their house it was straight to Target we went and picked up the same things. It's amazing how much that has helped (it's helped both of us, I don't have to bend down anymore and sit on the floor at 9 months pregnant)! Now that's "her" potty and she's excited to use it.

Madison's potty!

The essentials

For the most part she will let us know when she needs to potty by telling us and lately she does it before she goes which is awesome. We still have our accidents but I'm feeling more confident like we've turned a corner and I can feel comfortable with her running around in her panties instead of staying two feet behind her at all times. I think now it's just going to take persistence from the three of us but I think we'll get there. Hopefully we'll get a little bit better before baby sister Allie is here. My hope anyway:)



We're still waiting on Allie. I have a feeling it's not far at all. One can only hope. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday and we'll know a little more. In the meantime, bags are packed and most are in the truck already:) You may think that sounds silly but if I go into labor while Brandon is at work and it's just Madison and I here at the house I DO NOT want to worry about lugging everything to the truck myself! Updates to come.

Allie's bassinet in our room, she'll be here for a while then we'll move her into their room.

I'm sure I'm going to hear about this from Brandon for posting this, but oh well:) (Love you sweetie!) Brandon and I tend to agree on a lot of things, however one thing we tend to not agree on is the television. It's such a sore subject for us right now because our 4 year old Samsung which we loved broke. It started with just a flicker when you turned it on and it would flicker for a good minute or so then would return to normal television. That was about two months ago. So, we decided to have someone look at it and well it's not exactly fixable as of right now. He's going to try to see if he can get it fixed but it's not looking good.

So, if I had it my way I would go buy a new t.v. yesterday. Don't misunderstand me, although I'm desperate, I would look for something reasonable but with at least 32 inches of picture (it is possible:) Brandon on the other hand sees this as an opportunity to GET RID OF THE T.V. COMPLETELY!! Did you hear me?? Talk about giving me a heart attack. I'm sorry, you can chalk me up to one of the millions of people that are suckers for the television... I'm okay with that. I have my shows that I watch and it's nice with Madison as well. Brandon (being the great money manager he is) thinks it's a great opportunity to save the money we spend on Comcast and not fork any out for a new t.v. AHH!

Scary situation for me, however I think we've come to an agreement. I'm hoping and praying that Patrick can miraculously figure out a way to fix our t.v. but if not my gracious parents are going to give us their old t.v. which is nice. So, it's a compromise. We're still going to be making Comcast rich monthly but we're not going to be forking out hundreds on a new t.v.

In the meantime, check out our view (this is our t.v. we moved out into the living room from our bedroom)... and keep in mind I'm deaf and Brandon and I are both blind as bats so really in all actuality picture all three of us on the floor 2 inches in front of the t.v because that's how we have to watch it to not miss anything:) Hope you had a good laugh!



Just for the record I love my husband and wouldn't have him any other way!!

1 comment:

meg + andy said...

Such exciting days getting ready for Allie! your shower was so fun and the pillows look great! good for you for getting so much done. and way to go pressing forward w/ potty training! it'll be so worth it as we all know!:)