Well hello everyone, it's been a little while. Not much has happened in the Treese household... actually now that I think about it that's not true. This past Saturday we went to Laramie to watch Ryan (Brandon's cousin) graduate from the University of Wyoming then later that day went to Cheyenne to BBQ with the graduate. It was nice being able to see family and visit for a little while. After the BBQ we came home and Rocky and Linda joined us for the remainder of what we thought was going to be a wonderful Mother's Day. But Saturday night I came down with the worst virus EVER. I think those couples of days were the worst I have ever felt. Apparently I picked up an intestinal virus called Norovirus. Dang Noro, whoever or whatever you are!! Ruined my Mother's Day that's for sure. I won't go into details except to say that it was intestinal, you can figure out the rest. It was awful. So, we didn't do much of anything for Mother's Day, I stayed no further than the living room from the bathroom for two days straight. Brandon took wonderful care of me and Madison. Thanks love! I am however on the mend now and luckily (fingers crossed) Brandon, Madison and everyone else was able to keep from getting the virus too. Thank goodness!
So, as I was saying... we're just waiting for our little girl to arrive which is now less than a month away!! I cannot believe how fast everything is going. I have an appointment on Monday and we should know quite a bit more as they'll be checking to see if I'm progressing at all. I sure feel like I am. After this next appointment I will be going in weekly.
In all this waiting I've been doing little projects around the house to keep busy. I've posted a few pictures of the little things I've done, hope you enjoy.
I've also decided once and for all I am absolutely potty training Madison if it's the last thing I do. I just cannot have two kids in diapers. I know she's ready it's just my laziness that's keeping it from going any further (I blame the pregnancy). So, I've refused to put her in pull ups or diapers unless she's sleeping. I started yesterday morning and we've had some accidents but we've also had some successes. Today has been much much better, she's only had two accidents so far one was first thing this morning because she refused to sit on the potty ( I don't know where she gets her stubbornness from). We had an all out meltdown which resulted in her not using the potty and instead wetting her panties 20 minutes later. This seems to be the trend. She does not want to use the potty when she wakes up whether it's from the night or a nap in the afternoon. However other than that... well that's funny, as sure as I'm sitting here writing this Madison has had an accident and not the easy kind. God, please give me patience to get through this. More to come later...
I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as things progress (hopefully that includes potty training).
The projects I mentioned:
I decided to redo the lampshades that were on our lamps in our bedroom and move them into the living room.
Before
After
After
Since I had enough material left I recovered these seat cushions on the bench in the entryway to match the lampshades. Eventually (hopefully soon) I am going to make pillowcases for the two pillows to match and one day in the near future I would like to sand and re-stain the bench to remove the millions of cat/dog scratches. That's another day though.
Before
After
Ahh... and that's all for now, it's the little things in life...
So, as I was saying... we're just waiting for our little girl to arrive which is now less than a month away!! I cannot believe how fast everything is going. I have an appointment on Monday and we should know quite a bit more as they'll be checking to see if I'm progressing at all. I sure feel like I am. After this next appointment I will be going in weekly.
In all this waiting I've been doing little projects around the house to keep busy. I've posted a few pictures of the little things I've done, hope you enjoy.
I've also decided once and for all I am absolutely potty training Madison if it's the last thing I do. I just cannot have two kids in diapers. I know she's ready it's just my laziness that's keeping it from going any further (I blame the pregnancy). So, I've refused to put her in pull ups or diapers unless she's sleeping. I started yesterday morning and we've had some accidents but we've also had some successes. Today has been much much better, she's only had two accidents so far one was first thing this morning because she refused to sit on the potty ( I don't know where she gets her stubbornness from). We had an all out meltdown which resulted in her not using the potty and instead wetting her panties 20 minutes later. This seems to be the trend. She does not want to use the potty when she wakes up whether it's from the night or a nap in the afternoon. However other than that... well that's funny, as sure as I'm sitting here writing this Madison has had an accident and not the easy kind. God, please give me patience to get through this. More to come later...
I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as things progress (hopefully that includes potty training).
The projects I mentioned:
I decided to redo the lampshades that were on our lamps in our bedroom and move them into the living room.
Before
AfterSince I had enough material left I recovered these seat cushions on the bench in the entryway to match the lampshades. Eventually (hopefully soon) I am going to make pillowcases for the two pillows to match and one day in the near future I would like to sand and re-stain the bench to remove the millions of cat/dog scratches. That's another day though.
Ahh... and that's all for now, it's the little things in life...

No comments:
Post a Comment