Thursday, October 4, 2012
Fun in the fall:)
It was such a perfect fall day yesterday (in the afternoon), the lighting was perfect so I couldn't not get the camera out and snap some shots. We weren't exactly "dressed" for pictures but who cares :) These are just a few fun shots, the last two didn't really turn out. If you zoom in you'll see that our faces are blurry and that's because I didn't have a subject to focus on when I set up the camera timer. Again, oh well they are still fun!!
I also wanted to add that I have been researching different ways to "document" our life. I LOVE the blog. It's so easy, convenient (especially with today's technology, ie: smartphones) and fun. As much as I love it I still want hard copies of stuff. There is nothing better than sitting down with an old photo album and reminiscing, looking at it on the computer is just not the same. I know I love looking at old photographs of my family. What was I like when I was little? Do our girls resemble me in anyway? What did mom and dad look like when they were my age? You know, that stuff. I want our girls to "have" something. God forbid anything ever happen but if it did, wouldn't you want to have as much as you could to "remember"? Well, I would. I don't want just pictures either, why not commentary too? So, I'm really doing this blog for us; for the girls. I love that others can read it too and I want that but I'm also not going to "filter" things either.
I have found blog2print. I love it! You can print your blog in whatever fashion you would like, with pictures and text even. It's basically your electronic blog on paper. I'm going to start printing two at the end of each year one for Madison and one for Allie, to have and look back at. It's their scrapbook. How cool would that be to be able to wrap it up and hand it over to them when the graduate, or get married and have families of their own?! That just makes me giddy, maybe I'm a nerd, who knows:) I used to do Shutterfly books but that's just something else I would have to go back and make every year. I just don't have that kind of time and I love this idea more:)
To this point I've just kind of used the blog to share how we are doing with everyone since we are all so far apart and that's still the case but I want to gear this more towards us to "remember"...
So, this is for us, for our girls....
I'm learning these days SO much about life. That it can be hard, even for those that "seem" to have it all together. It's NOT fair, and the grass is NOT always greener on the other side, ever. You can't just look at one thing and think "Well geez aren't they lucky?". Sure, they may have that one thing and that may be "nice" but I guarantee you they are also struggling with something else. We all are, I'm pretty sure there is not anyone out there walking around going "Huh, what now? I have it all figured out and everything I could possibly want?" Except God, I'm pretty sure he has it all figured out:) I mean, I'm just guessing:) The key, I'm learning.... be happy with what you have. If you can't be happy with what you have, you will never be happy. It starts with you. When you are happy with yourself, it's so much easier to be happy for others, I've heard:) You can't control what others think, you can only control how you handle it. That's a tough one for me to swallow for sure (I tend to be a people pleaser, girls if you end up taking after me, it's okay, it's not horrible to want to please people just be sure you are not sacrificing yourself). You tend to be like the people you associate with, surround yourself with people who will help you be a better person, not the opposite, it's huge!! I'm learning perfection is non-existent and you will never get there, so just stop trying to be perfect, it ain't gonna happen:) Take joy in the imperfections, have fun and be kind. Don't stress about the little stuff, those trials and tribulations are how you grow and they shape you into the people you will be. As your dad would say... the mind is a very powerful thing, so think positive:)
Well, that's all for now, it's just what's on my mind today:)
Love, Mama
Labels:
just for fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment