Monday, July 16, 2012

The weekend!

It felt really weird, for me anyway to stay home this weekend, but we did, and it was lovely!! Nothing crazy exciting happened but we got a few little house projects done and I'm SO pleased with them!!

We had three aspen trees in front of our house and the first one was clearly dead ( you can see from the picture). Sooo, our sweet neighbors helped us cut it down Sunday morning. It looks so much better now, all clean and open. I can actually see down the street from the front door:) We are also getting ready to lay some sod on the west side of our house where my dad took out our old yucky bushes (it was a good thing) so we sprayed some Round Up on all the weeds that were overtaking the area so we can till it up and lay some sod in the next week or so.

I have been wanting to put a chalkboard in our kitchen to help me keep track of what meals we have planned for the couple weeks I bought groceries for. I know... probably silly to most but I'm a very visual person and hate raiding through the cabinets looking for meals.

I picked up a picture in a frame from the rescue mission in town for next to nothing, took the picture out, turned it over and sprayed chalkboard paint on it and viola! A DIY chalkboard for about $6, including paint. I LOVE it!!

Last night we had the neighbors over for some s'mores, and boy were they messy. The neighbors brought the BIG marshmallows and it was hilarious to see the kids try and eat them :)
Brandon and I ended the weekend with a movie, quite perfect!

The pictures are from my phone so not the best quality they could be:) 

before
after

before
after

No comments: