It's taken me a little while to finally get on here and update the blog so I do apologize! For a couple of days last week I had so much energy I had no idea what was going on. I took advantage of it though and did a few projects around the house that turned out so cute if I might so say myself! I was so happy at how well they turned out. I spend some of my time looking at blogs here and there and found some great ideas and tips on how to do these cute little projects and decided to try some myself. The only thing I horribly regret is I forgot to take "before" pictures... I totally blame the pregnancy brain on that one! So, I looked through as many pictures as I could stand to look through to see if I just might be able to crop some of them to find the "before" shots of the projects, I had some luck.
First I decided to use some of the extra fabric that I had from Madison's bed linens to make a lamp shade for a lamp that has been in her room for a while. It turned out great and it was so easy!! I just painted the base of the lamp I had and then removed the existing shade fabric and applied the fabric that matches Madison's linens.
Then, since Madison is starting to collect a lot of hair bows (which I LOVE thank you Emily, you can keep them coming!!) I wanted to make her a holder for them. I was just going to order her one but I came across a cute idea and then added my own little touch to it and hung it in her bathroom. I simply took a picture frame and spray painted the frame the color I wanted (I'm considering adding another coat, not sure any thoughts?) then used some adhesive to attach the fabric I used on her lamp and added some ribbons and viola!! Unfortunately there are no before pictures of this one, just the finished product:)
Hair bow holderLastly, I painted a little cabinet that I picked up at a garage sale last summer to match our dining room table. It sits next to our couch on the coffee table and holds just about anything Madison wants to put in it:) It's kind of her little cabinet. It used to be blue where the black is. I don't have any blue in the house what-so-ever and wanted it to match the table so I just removed the knobs sprayed them and painted the blue black. I couldn't find a great "before" picture so this one will have to work but I think you can see the difference.
AfterThat's all of the projects so far that I've done but I am thinking of making a ribbon wreath for our front door that can be hung year round, it's really easy and fun to make and it's rather inexpensive too! The best:) That will have to wait until next pay day though:)
I'll post pictures when I finish it.
For Allie's baby shower Jo Jo and Pap Paw Billy got Allie crib bedding and it's GORGEOUS!! Thank you so much y'all! Of course I've got it all set up (with help from my wonderful husband who just LOVES hanging things... he he) and now that the lamp is finished too the girls' room is complete for the most part!! I'd like to get some storage baskets to put under the crib eventually. Here's their cute little room, I just love going in there now!! It all matches, yay!
Allie's new crib bedding with the valance hung!
Without the valance
Madison's bed with her matching lamp!!Finally, I had a doctor's appointment and ultrasound on Monday. I got to see little Allie and everything looks great, she's 4 pounds (35th percentile) and apparently has a lot of hair!! We can't believe it since Madison didn't have any hair for the longest time, this will be quite different. It does make sense though because I have had the worst heartburn this time around. I am doing good for the most part just feeling really pregnant even though many will agree that I don't look 32 weeks pregnant, I FEEL IT. I measure a little small but it's no concern, the doctor just wants me to take it easy and stay off of my feet as much as possible until she's born (really difficult to do when you've got a two year old to look after). Well, that's just about all for now, I go back on May 3rd for my next appointment and will be sure to update y'all!!


2 comments:
Way to go Lesley Grace! i was hoping you had posted pictures of your projects after i saw your comment on mine. :) the girls' room looks absolutely adorable. you did a great job!
meagan
Thanks Meagan!!
Post a Comment